Financial Voices Radio
Financial Voices Radio provides millions of dollars of financial education to Philadelphia's communities. Find out how current social, economic, and political events really impact your financial future. Listeners can call in live to get advice from the experts on such issues as small business ownership, preventing foreclosure, personal saving, investing, and much more.
- Listen live, WURD 900 AM, Thursdays, 9:00-10:00 a.m.
- Call in during the show: 215-634-8065
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call us after the show: 215-851-1727
- Sharmain Matlock-Turner, President and CEO, Urban Affairs Coalition
- Steve Sanders, CEO and CIS of StoneRidge Investment Partners
Follow Sharmain and UAC on Twitter
- Adolfo Carrion, White House Office of Urban Affairs, Investing in America's Cities
- Dede Myers, Federal Reserve Bank, Home Foreclosures
- Michael Nutter, Mayor of the City of Philadelphia, Our City Budget
- Susan L. Taylor, Editor-in-Chief Emeritus, Essence Magazine, Leadership and Mentoring
- Stephen Wray, the Economy League of Greater Philadelphia, Advice for Small Businesses
What's On Your Mind?
Have an idea for a show? Email Felicia Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-851-1701.
November 7, 2013What are Financial Empowerment Centers (FEC) and what services are provided to Philadelphians?Guest# 1- Eva Gladstein, Executive Director of the Mayor’s Office of Community Empowerment and Opportunity for the City of PhiladelphiaGuest # 2- Carey Morgan, Program Manager for the Philadelphia Financial Empowerment Center Initiative
October 31, 2013“In God We Trust: Everyone Else Pays Cash: Simple Lessons from Smart Business People”: Tips and Tricks of the Trade!Gene Marks, CPA, The Marks Group, PC
October 24, 2013The Pennsylvania Task force on Economic Education and their work to help bring financial education to schools.Dr. Andrew T. Hill, Ph.DFederal Reserves Bank of Philadelphia
October 10, 2013Call-In showWURD LISTENERS
October 3, 2013Invisible CapitalChris Rabb-Author of "Invisible Capital: How Unseen Forces Shape Entrepreneurial Opportunity"